Friday, June 19, 2015

My Thumbs are Killing Me

On May 24, I reported to Coach K that my ankle was sore after my long run. I wasn't sure if I should say anything because my achilles always seem to end up bothering me, but I figured it would be best if he knew. A week later, things were still stiff and sore so I was given a revised workout schedule that did not involve running.

On June 5, Coach K checked in with me to see how things were going after my bike/swim week. Physically (and mentally) I was a wreck...

...my response continued...


I'm sure after that response he was sorry he asked! LOL

Anyway, that little tirade earned me 3 days off from training...3 days to rest and get my head straight. Luckily, it worked. It almost worked too good, because on the 4th day I really wasn't sure I wanted to start training again. I was really enjoying the come home from work and kick back lifestyle. I had time to clean up a bit, catch up on laundry, and cook dinner at a reasonable time. It was all I could do on that Thursday to get back on my bike.

Who has two (SORE!) thumbs and loves riding on the trainer?
This girl!
I'm Serious About My Thumbs

People think I'm joking when I tell them that my thumbs are killing me but I'm dead serious...my thumbs HURT! I keep trying to figure out what the problem is... Too much shifting on the bike? Hanging on too tight to my hand paddles when I swim? I don't get it... but I think I may have just figured it out.

As I was writing this, I decided to look for a funny image or something about sore thumbs. I Googled sore thumb images and got lots of stock "thumbs in a bandage" stuff, but I also discovered a comic book called Sore Thumbs. Now, mind you, I have no idea what this comic is about, but it looks like it may be a little risque. Anyway, one of the covers show a female taking off her shirt...


This was my "ah ha" moment. Have you ever tried to take a sweaty sports bra or tri top off? It can be quite a task. I often give up and have HS help me. I think this could be the cause of my sore thumbs! Hitching my thumbs into my sports bra and trying to wrestle it up and over my head? Mystery solved! LOL

Exactly!










No comments:

Post a Comment