Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A.S.S. Part Deux

Yes, I'll admit it...I'm being childish with all of my A.S.S. talk (read my previous post and you'll understand). Anyway, next season is going to be the season of A.S.S...ha ha ha...ok, I'll stop...

July 25, 2015
So, I now know the date...I just don't know the race...lots to think about. In the meantime, I can plan for either race.

I made a calendar starting August 1, 2014. Actually, I started the calendar from the date of the race, July 25, 2015 and then worked backwards until the start of August. Right now, this is in the very early stages. I know that there are two "Big Days" planned, one 4 weeks before the race and the other 8 weeks before the race. This is set up to work with the 3 weeks on, 1 week off plan.


Last year, trying to come up with a training plan was just too overwhelming. I never really got into the details of what I needed to be doing. By breaking things into these 4 week chunks, planning seems much more manageable.

After I put in the "Big Days", I scheduled a few of the other races I want to do. This will be fleshed out a little more once the 2015 schedules come out. Now I am faced with developing a plan for my "3 week on/1 week off" periods.

The "week off" is going to be easier to plan. I'm going to take a cue from the P90X recovery weeks. I'll probably throw in some P90X Yoga as well as "Core Synergistics". There will be some technique based swim workouts and easy running.

Now, the hard part...figuring out what to do during the "3 weeks on". I think my next step is figuring out my periodization...what/when is a base phase, a build phase, and a peak phase. I've done my self evaluation again and I know I need to work on strength and speed, so I am definitely going to be scheduling workouts that focus on these areas.

Well, I have to stop thinking about this for a while or my head is going to explode. Luckily I have lots of time to plan for July 2015 ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment