Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What I Learned About Running from My Dogs

Now that the weather is finally cooling off, I decided to take my dogs out for a run/walk after work. 

Buster doesn't always support my training
Light Hands

If you've read anything about running technique, I'm sure you've come across many different suggestions for "light hands" Pretend you're holding and egg... a potato chip... a butterfly...

Well, I've got the perfect visual aid...pretend you're holding a bag of hot, squishy dog poo!

On my run with Buster today, we didn't even get a mile from the house before I saw him start to hunker down. Usually Buster is a bush pooper and will choose ivy over a sidewalk. Well today, for whatever reason, he decided the sidewalk, right in front of someone's driveway, was the perfect spot.

ARGH!!!

I had no choice but to pick it up. I grabbed a poop bag and swooped it up. Since I only brought one bag, I knotted the bag as close to the poo as I could. To avoid feeling the heat, I gripped the bag at the end...far away from the fresh doo doo.

Once I started running again, the little ping pong ball size poo blob was bouncing around and whacking me on the top of my hand...GROSS! I then tried holding the bag by the knot between my thumb and finger while lightly cradling the poo ball in my hand.

Light hands...you don't want to squish the poo! Try getting that image out of your mind! LOL


Call Me Smuckers

Since it was cooler last Sunday, I decided to wear a short sleeved shirt instead of a tank top. By the time I finished my 13.5 mile run, I had a raw spot under each arm. It was pretty painful, so I started looking for something to put on it.  I couldn't find anything, so I decided to use Hannah's hot spot spray.

Why not? On the bottle it says to use it for raw sore skin.

Works for humans and dogs ;-)

Let me just say...it worked great!


Meet Smuckers




No comments:

Post a Comment