Tuesday, February 6, 2024

75 Hard Challenge - Day 1 (Take 2)

Well, let me start by saying I am thankful that I screwed up on Day 1 and not Day 74 because if you are familiar with this challenge, if you mess up, you start over! 

Looking forward to adding 74 more Post-Its!


I think my biggest mistake was diving in head first without a clear plan. I had decided to follow the Mediterranean Diet and to stay gluten free (just because I thought that would help me lose weight). In my shopping haste, I picked up a pack of mint double-stuff Oreo cookies because they were gluten free. And I don't even like Oreos!!! I think I panicked about the thought of not having any sweets along with the whole "no alcohol" thing. I ate three of the cookies last night and stopped, figuring that was a victory of some sorts, although it clearly wasn't following the Mediterranean Diet. Fail!

My next mistake was realizing that I had probably only drank about 30 oz. of the required 128 oz. I then tried some fancy math and started adding the partial cans of sparkling water and then my coffee to try and bring my total intake up, and I still wasn't even close. I grabbed a glass and was going to start pounding water right before bed before decided that I didn't want to be up all night going to the bathroom. I resigned myself to starting the challenge over in the morning. Lesson learned.

Starting Over

This morning, before I got out of bed, I popped in my Air Pods and listened to Andy Frisella's podcast about Hard 75. If you are considering this challenge, I recommended listening to this first. Andy is the creator of Hard 75 and he explains that this isn't a diet challenge it is a mental challenge. He also explains the rules in more detail than you will get from a quick Internet search.  


As I said, I am thankful I figured this out after only a day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment