Wednesday, July 24, 2013

T-Minus 3 Days!

Crazy Dreams

No airplane dreams last night, only a brief, weird little dream that I have no idea of the significance. If you've ever seen the Julia Robert's movie "My Best Friend's Wedding", then you know the scene. Family and friends are sitting around the table in a restaurant and break out into the song "Say a Little Prayer for You"...hmmmm maybe that's what this dream is hinting at...say a little prayer for me :-)


However, in my dream it was not "Say a Little Prayer for You". In my dream, I am at a restaurant with everyone that has told me they are coming to watch the race. All of a sudden, we break out into "Change" by John Wait. This was one of the very first videos I ever saw on MTV so it is very nostalgic (Ol' Mutha Hubbard knows what I'm talking about!). 

Anyway, even Max starts singing this song and I just look at him like "How do you even know the words to this song? You weren't even born yet!"... then we all continue singing just like the scene in the Julia Roberts movie.


Crazy Goals

Last year, when I was doing the Triathlon 101 class, I remember James telling me that I would probably be the first in the group to attempt a 70.3. At that time, I didn't even know what a 70.3 was. Weeks later, I completed my first super sprint and was looking for a 70.3. I found Barb's Race and asked James what he thought. He didn't think it was entirely crazy...probably because it was 9 months away, so I registered.

Why did I decide to do this? What made me think I could do a 70.3 race after only completing a race that took 1/2 an hour?  I have no idea but it reminds me of this quote I had read on a triathlon website...
"The Creator has not given you a longing to do that which you have no ability to do."  ~ Orison Swett Marden 
I have to have faith that this crazy goal I have came from someone other than myself and that I have the ability to do it! Say a little prayer for me :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment