Thursday, August 1, 2013

Renewed Focus

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I had slipped into a funk over my loss of focus following the completion of Barb's Race. Today I have a new focus...the California International Marathon...a perfect off season goal!

What have I done?
This morning, HS and I were discussing my funk and how far I came in my first year of triathlons. He said he was still surprised about how well I did (even though he never doubted my ability) . He then added that I need to focus on my running and biking this coming year because they were the weaker two disciplines at Barb's Race. I agreed.

Out of my Funk

So, before I could come up with 100 reasons not to sign up, I registered for CIM. Now I'm committed. There must be something wrong with me because I loved the little rush I got at that freak out moment when my body asked my mind "OMG! Are you insane? Do you realize what you just did?" Love it! Love it! Love it!

Now I have four months to get ready for this race. Once again I have focus. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up triathlons during this time. I still have a few tris and a du planned. I'll still be biking and swimming. However, I am going to use CIM to help improve my running speed for Barb's Race 2014 (and maybe Monterrey, Mexico).

New Goals

Last year when I did my first marathon, which consisted of running around McKinley Park in Sacramento 33 times, my time was 4:08:47. The Boston qualifying time for my age group is 3:55:00. I want to meet or beat that time.

Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of going to Boston. The only race I would do, if I qualified, would be Kona. However, given the fact that you have to actually do a full Ironman in order to qualify, I think my chances are nil.  LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment