Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Let me preface this post with one simple warning...FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS! I did not do this and therefore, my results were not ideal...the pizza tasted good, I just think the crust could have been a bit better.

Here is a link to the recipe I used... Cauliflower Crust Pizza - Tasty Kitchen

My problem was that I did not see the Parmesan cheese...it was hiding behind other ingredients. On top of that, the list of ingredients was not posted until the very bottom of the page. Who reads that far in advance? I also didn't read the paragraph right below the picture of ingredients. I just looked at the pic and went grocery shopping. I did not realize my mistake until I got home...I ended up using additional mozzarella to make up for the missing Parmesan.

So you don't make the same mistake I did...here are the ingredients...
  • 1 head (Small Head) Cauliflower
  • ¼ cups Parmesan Cheese
  • ¼ cups Mozzarella Cheese
  • ¼ teaspoons Kosher Salt
  • ½ teaspoons Dried Basil
  • ½ teaspoons Dried Oregano
  • ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
  • Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
  • 1 Tablespoon Almond Meal (optional)
  • 1 whole Egg
The pictures and the instructions are much better on the Tasty Kitchen page...my pics are just to prove that I really did make this.  Here is my experience...


Chopped up a head of cauliflower in my Ninja


Microwaved until soft


Squeezed moisture out of cooked cauliflower


On the Tasty Kitchen page, they stress squeezing out every last drop of moisture so you don't get a crumbly crust. I was afraid that if I used a towel like they did, my crust would end up tasting like Downy. So instead of wringing it out like they showed, I used paper towels (lots of them)...I don't think I got enough moisture out.

Crust was not binding together well, so I sprinkled
a little extra cheese on top


Opted for a pepperoni pizza


Had to eat it with a fork, but it tasted great!

I will definitely make this recipe again, but will use the Parmesan and the almond flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment