Monday, March 10, 2014

Happy Anniversary Hot Stuff

Today is HS's and my 26th wedding anniversary and all I can think is “WOW!” It’s not that I didn't think we would be together forever… I don’t think anyone gets married thinking that it’s not going to last. However, how can you not help but say “Wow!” when you look back at over a quarter of a century together. Wow! Wow! Wow!

This is why I call him "Hot Stuff"
 
Because it’s our anniversary and because I’m starting to think about Barb’s Race, I wanted to take a minute to say how thankful I am that my wonderful and loving husband supports my racing habit. Not only did I pick one of the more expensive sports, I picked something that requires a LOT of time…and not just my time, but his too!
A little break for romance
 
I love the fact that he is willing to ride and swim and run with me. I also love the fact that he puts up with my pre-race meltdowns and how he tries to lift my spirits. But what means more than anything to me is that he is willing to wait at the finish line for me...long, boring waits. He has patiently endured two marathons, a couple of Olympic distance triathlons,and one half Iron distance triathlon (and several shorter races). Words cannot express how happy I am to see his face at the end of a race! I pray we have many, many, many more finish lines in our future.


Thank you for being there for me, HS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment