Thursday, March 13, 2014

Triathlon 101 - Spring 2014

Well, we are about 2 weeks away from the start of the next Triathlon 101 class. The 101 classes are always an exciting time for me...I love meeting all of the new people and watching their progress throughout the program.

Triathlon 101 - Event on Facebook (please RSVP)

It seems like it was ages ago, but it was actually less than two years ago that I found myself walking on to the pool deck at Tokay High School for my first triathlon class. I wish I had a picture of that day... Coach James  had his full "tri-freak" set up on display for everyone. Seeing the fancy bike, the race helmet, and a bunch of other strange stuff almost sent me running back to my car. Thankfully I stuck it out and overcame my fear of trying something new.

The very first Lodi Masters Triathlon training group (Fall 2012)
WARNING: By taking this class, you are exposing yourself to the possibility of become hooked on triathlons!!!

Here's a bit of info on our team and what sort of equipment you will need to do a triathlon...



Graduation Race

To celebrate the end of the training program, our group participates in what we call our "Graduation Race".

Look how we've grown! Spring 2013 graduation race

The graduation race for the spring 2014 class is the Father's Day triathlon on Sunday, June 15, 2014. It consists of a 400 yard swim, an 8 mile bike ride, and a 2 mile run. The cost for the race is separate from the class fee and is $70 before April 30. After that it goes up to $75 until the day before the race, and then $80 the day of the race, so save some money and sign up early :-)

Signing up for the race is also a great way to stay committed and motivated.

2014 Father's Day Race Info

2013 Father's Day Triathlon - My Race Report

1 comment:

  1. If you missed the first class on March 29, you are more than welcome to come this coming Saturday, April 5. The coach won't be doing the whole introductory speech, but he will be doing another swim clinic.

    ReplyDelete