Monday, June 3, 2013

Countdown to Barb's Race

Now that I've completed my first Olympic distance triathlon, I know I will be able to do the swim at Barb's Race. I've never doubted by ability to do the bike or run. It was only the swim I was worried about.

In the next several weeks, I will be ramping up my workouts. I definitely need to get more running miles in as well as more time on the bike. The only way I can see this happening is doubling up on my workouts. I also need to drop several pounds to get to my race weight.

Now, before anybody tells me I'm too skinny, zip it. I know where I should be and I know the difference it will make in my racing. Trust me. Until Barb's Race is done, I am swearing off candy and sweets...except for some wedding cake at the end of June ;-) If you see me with a bag of Skittles in my hand you have permission to slap it away (I'm offering reciprocal services for mochas and potato chips LOL).

Recovery Day

Physically I'm feeling pretty good after yesterday's race. Much better than after the Avenue of the Vines half marathon. I really didn't think my legs were tired until I got about 1/2 way through today's run.  However, it was pretty warm and very windy, so that could have been part of it. I've got to learn to deal with the heat, though, and will be doing most of my runs in the afternoon.

Recovery Run by tpengilly at Garmin Connect - Details

After our run, Hot Stuff and I came home, changed clothes, grabbed a chia seed drink, and headed to Lodi for swim practice. My arms felt tired for the first couple hundred yards of swimming, but after a bit, everything felt great. I would never have believed that I would enjoy swim practice as much as I do. I used to dread swim practice and would worry about what sort of workout James was going to give us.

Recovery Swim by tpengilly at Garmin Connect - Details

NOTE: All but the first 200y warmup was pulling...had to give my legs a little rest :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment