Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fleet Feet - Pizza & Pearl Izumi

I had a great time at the Fleet Feet Tuesday night run...again!  I was happy to see Coach James show up...especially when I know how much he LOVES to run. Hot Stuff did a repeat of last week and ran off full blast.  I'm not sure what he's trying to accomplish other than hurting his knee again.  I was planning on taking it easy because of the Angels Camp triathlon on Sunday, but I forgot my plan and pushed myself to keep up with this really fast chick. At first I didn't think I was going that fast, but a quick peek at my Garmin proved me wrong.  Uh oh!

After about 3 miles, I prayed that she would just drop me and then I could slow down, but she didn't or wouldn't, so I kept running. Eventually we came to the last zag in our zig-zag pattern through Park Woods. Instead of turning down Fernvale, she continued straight on Alexandria. Yay! This allowed me to turn on Fernvale and continue at my own pace.

Fleet Feet - Pizza & Pearl Izumi by tpengilly at Garmin Connect - Details

Women’s EM ROAD N2
Another Pair of Shoes to Consider

I'm still trying to decide which shoes to buy.  Pearl Izumi was at the Fleet Feet run and I got to try a pair of the N2's.  They felt good, although I could have used a shoe about 1/2 size larger. The only thing I didn't like was the color.  

I wore a light aqua/orange shoe that would clash with 99% of my workout clothes. That's unacceptable!  I'm leaning towards the Asics Gel-Noosa, a tri specific shoe.  For one, it's a triathlon shoe and for two, it looks awesome. They are bright with a splash of every other color you can imagine. I have a hard time believing they won't go with everything I own :-)

Pizza Anyone?

Instead of going back to the store after the run, everyone headed over to David's Pizza for pizza and beer.  I had water because I'm not a beer drinker, but I did indulge in some pizza.  Either I was really, really hungry or the pizza was some of the best I have had in a while, because I felt like I could have ate a whole pizza.  Instead, I had two pieces myself and split a third piece with Hot Stuff.

Pizza & Beer = Smiles!


No comments:

Post a Comment