Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tuesday Review

So, Sunday June 2 will be my first olympic distance triathlon. I was on the fence about signing up but F'n James insisted...no, ORDERED me to do this race! Whatever! I'll do it...I need to do it. I need to do the swim and get it over with.

Since this was a short work week for me, I took a few extra days off. Now I have to fight the urge to train, train, train and try and be smart about my upcoming race. On Monday I did a Spinervals workout on the trainer followed by P90X "Shoulders and Arms". Tuesday was a another double workout day for me. I swam in the morning and then went to Fleet Feet with Hot Stuff in the afternoon.

Morning Swim

Still lovin' my new Garmin. The only set it didn't pick up was a 50y kick set I did, but that's OK. It's not like I was setting a world record or anything. Morning practices are back at Tokay which is nice because the pool feels less crowded.  The other thing I like about morning practices is the fact that everyone is a little less chatty (a LOT less chatty than the Wednesday evening group LOL). Don't get me wrong, I love the Wednesday night group, I'm just not a morning person and appreciate the silence :-)

Tuesday Morning Swim by tpengilly at Garmin Connect - Details

Fleet Feet Run

When we got to Fleet Feet, we were immediately asked why we didn't come last week. HS explained that I was too sore after the Avenue of the Vines. Then someone asked "You placed, right?" I wish! Well, 12th is a place, it's just not a place anywhere near the podium. I would love to be able to run much faster than I do. I'm just not sure how to get there.

Mr. Turner arrived as we were about to head out on the run. He was wearing a suit and tie, so I was pretty sure he didn't plan on running. Tony did make him a pretty nice offer if he agreed to run in his suit, but he declined. Darn! I would have loved to see him running down Ben Holt.

Actually, MT came to Fleet Feet because he knew he would find us there. I guess that's better than him going to a bar to look for us ;-) MT just wanted to make sure that I was going to bring my mountain bike to the race on Saturday for Jordan. If Jordan's legs were a little longer, she could have used my rode bike. Saturday should be a lot fun. Not only is Jordan doing her first triathlon, but the old dudes (F'n James, Hot Stuff and MT) are doing a relay.

OK, back to the Fleet Feet run...once again, I failed at maintaining a slower, recovery pace. Well, I wouldn't say failed. I maintained a pace, but it may have been a bit faster than I had planned. This guy took off really fast so I had to chase him down. Ugh! Why do I always do that?

Tuesday Fleet Feet Run by tpengilly at Garmin Connect - Details

Next week is going to be the Mizuno pub run. Not sure where we are going to end up, but it should be fun (it always is)...although I may bring some cash so I can get a glass of wine...just can't do the beer thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment