Friday, May 17, 2013

Pain Pain Go Away

So Wednesday night at swim practice, I was still testing out (playing with) my new Garmin 910XT.  Near the end of practice, I decided to see if it would recognize a lap of butterfly.  I slipped on my fins and pressed start. Halfway through the lap, my left calf was gripped in a horrible cramp.  Of course I kept swimming because I didn't want to mess up my lap...bad move.  The cramp ended any aspirations of trying a second lap of butterfly.  I swam back to the other side and took the fins off.  I tried to continue my workout, but then my right foot cramped.  Ugh!!!

Luckily, Thursday's are typically my day off from workouts.  Sometimes I will do a P90X - X-Stretch workout, but yesterday I stuck to the rumble roller and the hot tub.  I also rubbed in Icy Hot and popped several Advil through out the evening. I sat in Mike's massage chair for a while and let the chair work on my calves.  Unfortunately, this set off some weird toe cramps in BOTH feet.

This morning I dismayed to find that my left calf is still tender from the cramp.  Normally this wouldn't bother me too much, but I have a half marathon on Sunday. I ended up taking a second day off from working out.  Hopefully I will feel better in the morning.  Now I'm worried that all my fitness is slipping away and that I've gained 5 lbs.  I know this isn't possible, it's just what's going through my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment