Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Just Like Riding a Bike

In between working and wishing I could go home to start celebrating Christmas, my thoughts drifted to the upcoming New Year's Duathlon and what bike I was going to ride. Should I ride my road bike like I usually do on that course or should I be a big girl this year and ride my tri bike?  Tri bike? Tri bike! OMG! It seems like it's been forever since I've been on that thing. According to Garmin Connect, my last ride on it was November 16 (so technically it hasn't been forever). Nevertheless, I was concerned that I would remember how to change gears or even unclip my feet.

First Things First

When I finally got home from work, I popped in P90X3 Agility-X (Day 9) and pushed myself to get through the 30 minutes of jumping, lunging and of course push-ups...and not just any push-ups...PLYO push-ups. Ugh! Halfway through this workout, I decided that my legs are still a bit tired from CIM.

Asics Volleyball Shoes
It is recommended to wear court shoes instead of running shoes for Agility-X. Luckily I found the shoes that I used to wear to do INSANITY.

Not Finished Yet

Being as I have a 70.3 lurking in the back of my mind, I have a very, very difficult time stopping at 30 minutes. I wanted to do a little more. Since, my right foot was still a bit achy and because I was having serious doubts about my bike skills, I decided to go for a little ride.

Is it June or December? Gorgeous California weather.
Not exactly a white Christmas, though.

I aired up my tires, switched shoes, and snapped on my helmet. Hot Stuff told me to take my phone in case some little old lady who hasn't been on the road all year runs me over. Gee Honey, you really know how to boost my confidence. LOL

I kept my ride short because I was a little rattled by HS's warning and because I never ride alone. Luckily, traffic was light and I only encountered a few idiots who found operating a motor vehicle to be a challenge...none of which were little old ladies.

Short Bike Ride by tpengilly at Garmin Connect - Details

I am happy to report that I remembered how to ride my bike, change gears and unclip my feet...a few more practice runs and I'll be ready for the duathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment