Monday, December 29, 2014

Cooking Fool

After HS and I finished Les Mills "Pump and Shred", I got to cooking. For dinner I fixed baked chicken with cauliflower "not rice". Since I didn't have any dried mustard, I improvised on the recipe... I marinated the chicken breasts in lemon juice, turmeric, curry, and jalapeno powder. While the chicken baked, I prepped the cauliflower "not rice".

Simple ingredients
This is the second time in four days that I have fixed "not rice". It is much easier to make than mashed cauliflower and much tastier. I used a cheese grater to get the cauliflower into rice like bits. Next, saute the cauliflower in grass-fed butter until lightly cooked (do not over cook).

Saute cauliflower in grass-fed butter
When the cauliflower is cooked, toss in the cilantro, MCT oil and lime juice and serve. Simple, simple.

Finished product
Tomorrow's Lunch

For tomorrow's lunch I fixed BP taco salad's for me and HS. While the meat cooked, I did my best to make a bigger mess of the kitchen.

Messy Marvin ;-)
Don't worry...I cleaned up my mess LOL

Salad without the meat
So pretty!

Dressing on the side
The only thing missing from the picture above is the meat, which is in a separate container so it can be heated tomorrow at work.

First Fail

Since I was on a roll, I decided to try the "ice cream" recipe. Unfortunately, I didn't read the instructions completely and missed the step that said to mix the ingredients until creamy AND THEN add the water & ice. Ugh.


While the ice cream had a good flavor, the bits of congealed butter and or MCT oil was too much for me. I had a small serving but was really disappointed. I should have stopped after two meals tonight ;-)

#dreamingseason

Join me as a TrainingPeaks ambassador...

1 comment:

  1. I marinated the chicken breasts in lemon juice, turmeric, curry, and jalapeno powder. While the chicken baked, I prepped the cauliflower "not rice". John Alexander

    ReplyDelete