Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Fleet Feet Tuesday Night Run - Merrell

Ok, I fully intended to take it easy tonight.  My legs are still a little tired from my run on Sunday.  However, when I got home and plugged in my Garmin, I was surprised to see that my time was faster than last week. Perhaps it was the Merrell shoes I was testing out.  They were a zero drop and very light.  They had a firm Vibram sole, but were not jarring like other minimalist shoes I have tried.

Fleet Feet Tuesday Night Run by tpengilly at Garmin Connect - Details

As much as I liked the feel of the shoe, I really didn't like the all-black look.
I like a little flash in my running shoes :-)

Tonight's run was a "pub run".  So after everyone got done running, we met at Papapavlo's for free food and beer courtesy of Fleet Feet.  If you've ever been to a Fleet Feet event, you know that Tony likes to give away stuff.  In fact, tonight I was wearing a Pearl Izumi shirt and running hat that I had won at one of the Crazy 8 races last year.

Anyway, tonight's prizes had be to earned by answering questions about Merrell, Fleet Feet, or Tony.  One question asked the year Tony was born and the correct answer was 1969.  The following question asked what year Tony graduated high school.  Since he was born two years after me, I figured he graduated two years after I did and I was right! Woo Hoo!!!  I won a pair of Merrell running socks, and as I always tell Mike, you can never have too many running socks.



No comments:

Post a Comment