Monday, April 1, 2013

S-T-R-E-T-C-H

Today is April 1, 2013.  I consider this date to be the official start of my 70.3 training.  So, how do you think I kicked things off?  It wasn't with some killer workout.  Instead, I started with P90X - Stretch.  It may seem like a weird way to go about things.  I mean, P90X - Stretch is so easy.  Especially when  compared to one of my regular workouts or even P90X - Yoga, but it is exactly what I needed today.

While today is the official start of my training, it is not as if I haven't been working hard up until this point.  Some weeks my workouts have been quite tough.  This past weekend I ran a 5K race, completed a 2,100 yard swim, and ran 13.1 miles for my long run.  Needless to say, my legs are a little tired and sore today.

If I sat around and did nothing today instead of the stretching I would be in even worse shape tomorrow (and I'm planning on doing the Fleet Feet pub run!) Stretching is one of the best ways to make sure I recover in between workouts and that I remain injury free (unless I fall on my bike).  


No comments:

Post a Comment