Friday, January 10, 2014

Experiment - Day 1

Today is the first day of my weight loss / energy experiment. I am calling this an experiment (instead of a diet) in an attempt to keep myself engaged for the next 30+ days.

Experiment Recap:

What I am Going to Do
  • I am going to weigh myself on Jan 10 to get my starting weight. 
  • I am going to eliminate grains and sugars from my diet whenever possible.
  • I am going to exercise at least 3 times a weeks for a minimum of one hour.

What I am NOT Going to Do

  • I am NOT going to weigh myself again until Valentines Day.
  • I am not going to count calories.

Starting Weight

Got on the scale this morning…first time in over a month. I avoided the scale during the holidays due to the fact that I was eating cookies, candy, bread, crackers, chips, etc. like they weren't going to be available in 2014. I would also like to note that Aunt Flo is in town, so know that I am retaining some water weight.

…or makes you crazy!


Ok, now that I've made all of my excuses…here is my starting weight….

150 lbs.

OMG! Ok…Tracy…settle down…back away from the edge…

I guess the good news about starting heavier (up 3-5 lbs.) is that I will have more to lose. My ultimate goal is 135 lbs. I would be happy to get to about 142 lbs. by Feb. 14 - the end of this experiment. If the scales moves in the right direction during this experiment, without any detrimental affects to my training, I will continue on this path.

First Day Plans

Started the day with a cup of bulletproof coffee and half of a 5 egg omelet with canadian bacon, red onions and cheese…cooked in butter. 

I plan on going on a 10 mile run this morning and possibly doing P90X Yoga in the afternoon.

Not sure what lunch will be, but I think I'll grill some salmon for dinner and serve it with brussel sprouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment