Sunday, January 5, 2014

Have Faith

Today's message at church was titled "Leaving a Legacy of Faith". It was about passing on faith to our children and it discussed what we must model and teach about faith. Three things in this message really struck me (especially given my recent bout of negativity):

1) BELIEVING when I don't see it. Of course, this is about believing in God when we don't get to see him, but it made me think of my training. I've got to believe in my training even if I'm not seeing the results.

2) OBEYING when I don't understand it.

3) PERSISTING when I don't feel like it.

The third item really struck home as I have definitely NOT been feeling like it.

Good-Bye Funk

Today our group did another Speedstar ride. As we passed a cemetery, +James told +Hot Stuff to check out the names on the grave stones. Seriously? You want us to ride a bike and read graves at the same time??? I'm not that coordinated, so I took a quick peek and went back to focusing on going in a straight line. The first and only name I saw was "Funk".

That's it! Funk is dead and gone! Bye-bye funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment