Friday, January 24, 2014

The Hardest Training Day of the Week (Experiment Day 13 & 14)

Thursday is my day off. It's my rest and recovery day. It is also the most difficult day of training. When I'm not doing something I fear I'm going backwards. Of course this isn't the case, it's just part of my neurosis :-)

Wednesday - Day 13

I was lazy and ill-prepared on Wednesday in terms of food. Breakfast started with non-fat Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries.I don't choose non-fat because of the calories, I choose it because I was raised on non-fat dairy products and it is extremely difficult for me to even stomach low-fat dairy. So, it's always non-fat for me.

My morning snack was a grapefruit, this is standard for me. Lunch, however, was vanilla Shakeology. This used to be one of my go-to meals, but I would at least put a banana in it or something to bring up (yes, UP) the calories. 160 calories, very low fat, low glycemic, 16g of protein is a great snack...it's not a great meal. I was dipping into my afternoon snack of pistachios within an hour! Not good. When it came time for my afternoon snack, I ate the remaining nuts and drank a big glass of water...unfortunately, I felt like I was starving. Definitely not enough fat today!

When I got home, all hell broke loose! I stuffed my face full of nuts like a deranged squirrel. I chased this with some cheese and pastrami and then some artichoke hearts...and then some more nuts and another grapefruit. By the time my head registered that I was full, it was too late and I was feeling like crap. Great! Just in time for swim practice.

Thursday - Day 14

I learned my lesson yesterday and started the day with a little more in terms of calories and fat. I had a 2 egg omelette with Canadian bacon, cheese and asparagus...cooked in grass fed butter. Guess what! I didn't feel like I was starving!

The rest of the day was much better and my appetite stayed in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment