Monday, January 5, 2015

Bulletproof Shepherd's Pie

Found this recipe on Artesian Natural Food's website for Paleo Shepherd's Pie...


I made a few tweaks to the recipe to make it a little more Bulletproof...

1) I followed the same basic recipe for the sweet potato topping, but I added a bit of grass-fed butter and skipped the pepper.

2) I left out the onions and mushrooms (Kryponite according to Dave Asprey) and added some fresh peas even if they are considered "suspect".

3) I also added fresh turmeric, ginger, yellow squash and zucchini.

4) I poured the rest of the coconut milk into the meat and veggie mixture (no since in wasting anything).



Fresh turmeric
In the original recipe, they simply place the potato mixture on top and then serve. However, I put mine in the oven for 10-15 minutes to brown the top a bit.

Baked in the oven until brown

Finished product was very tasty...leftovers for lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment