Monday, January 5, 2015

For My Sisters in Suffering

This post is not for men folk…you have been warned!

Bad Time to Start A Diet

I started the Bulletproof diet over a week ago. The diet starts off with a two week protocol that claims you can lose UP TO a pound a day. Today I am a pound heavier than when I started the diet!

  • That is a pound heavier than 2 days after Christmas!
  • Christmas! Basically a week of unapologetic eating and drinking!
  • And I’m heavier today than I was a couple of days after that binge!

This weight gain is freaking me out! My first thought today, after I weighed myself, was that I needed to get back to my regular way of eating and to quit this Bulletproof crap. I mean seriously, why go through all this effort only to have the scale go the other way? Don’t I do the same stupid thing year after year? What is wrong with me???

(I bought my punctuation in bulk for this post!!!)

What’s Wrong with Me?

You know what’s wrong with me? I’m a woman! That’s it, nothing more. Aunt Flo came to town and brought her usual baggage…including weight gain. Heck, for all I know, I could be down 5 pounds on the diet! Of course, I would never know because of my stupid monthly visitor! Ugh!

Honestly, I can gain 4-6 pounds during this time!!!


"Some women will not gain anything at all but on average the typical woman will gain 1-6 pounds. However it could be as many as 10 poundsfor other women."

I’m glad I’m not in the “other women” category! I could not handle a 10 pound weight swing!! I don’t think HS could handle living with me if I had a 10 pound weight swing! LOL

Reserving Judgment

Due to the weight gain issue brought on by mother nature, I will continue to weigh myself daily, but I will reserve judgment on the Bulletproof diet until things return to normal.
As the days go on, hungerand cravings dissipate, you lose the bloat (and any excess pounds). In fact,you’re at the lowest weight of the month right after you stop bleeding. Enjoyit while you can!
That being said, I have noticed some positive changes this month that I can only attribute to the change in my diet. Typically I suffer from weight gain, cravings for candy and potato chips, insomnia, and constipation during this time. I am usually one unhappy camper.

Cravings: While I have indulged in some 90% cacao chocolate bars this week (they are Bulletproof), I haven’t had the willpower-destroying cravings that lead me to devour entire boxes of Frosted Mini Wheat or tubs of Ben & Jerry’s.

Insomnia: Normally I would be plagued with sleepless nights the week before. Waking up at 1:00 AM to toss and turn for the next few hours only to doze off 30 minutes before the alarm…thus ensuring a groggy and crabby day. This last week, however, has been extremely restful. As soon as my head hits the pillow I basically sleep through until my alarm. And, I awaken feeling refreshed and ready to go.

As for the issues of weight gain and constipation, I’ll just have to do my best to deal with them…

Weight gain: Just trying to hang in there and remain positive :-/


Constipation: You would think that with the amount of grass-fed butter and MCT oil that I have been eating that this would not be an issue. In fact, Dave Asprey, the author of the Bulletproof diet warns of “disaster pants” if you eat too much MCT. This has lead me to research some other possibilities besides PMS that could be causing this problem…more on that later.


No comments:

Post a Comment