Thursday, January 1, 2015

Tri in 2015?

Today is the start of a new year, a time when a lot of people make resolutions to lose weight and get in shape. I would like to make a simple suggestion...give triathlons a try. 

I signed up for my first "Triathlon 101" class in August 2012. Since that time I have completed 13 triathlons and a handful of duathlons. To say I am hooked would be an understatement. This year I am going to attempt a full iron distance race and I am super excited for the journey ahead of me!

Don't misunderstand me, I am not suggesting that an Ironman should be everyone's goal, I'm merely suggesting that if you want to reach your weight loss or fitness goals, you need to set a goal for yourself that is going to stretch you a bit...whether it be a sprint triathlon or and Olympic distance race. Let me tell you, there is no better motivation than knowing you have a race looming in your future ;-)

My Tri Journey

Below is a picture of me in 2008 at my heaviest. I was a very unhappy girl at this weight. (You can read all the details here). 

November 2008

Below is a picture of me at my first triathlon, the Golden State "Super Sprint" (which basically means super, short). As you can see, I still had a way to go but was at least 30 pounds less than the picture above.

October 2012

Below is me at Barb's Race in July 2014. It was a long journey to get to this point and it took a lot of hard work, but it was SO worth it! 

July 2014
Triathlon 101  

If you want to do a triathlon in 2015, Lodi Masters Triathletes has a "Triathlon 101" class starting in April. You might wonder why I'm telling you about this class now...four months ahead of time. Well, I have learned that one thing that prevents people from signing up is that they think they need to be in shape to do the class. WRONG! That is what the class is for...it's to teach you about triathlons and to help you train...you will get in shape during the class.

That being said, if you think you need to train first before signing up... or you want to lose weight before you get in a swim suit...you have four months to get your ass in gear ;-)


Here's the info
If you want to keep motivated until the class starts...follow the group on Facebook or message me!

Here's to a great 2015! #ResultsStartHere

Extra Motivation - Free of Charge

If you want extra motivation, Training Peaks offers a free tracking program that allows you to track your workouts and your nutrition... Click HERE to sign up



No comments:

Post a Comment